Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You Don't Carry That Styrofoam Container With You While Fishing, Do You?


For many years I would buy live worms at the store, then stuff the worm container into my fishing vest or tackle box and go fishing. This was fine I suppose, but it was a pain in the butt. I never knew exactly where my worms were, and would have to spend time looking for them, rather than fishing. The container would invariably end up getting smashed as well, and whatever worms that didn't get used, would be wasted.


Then one day I went fishing with a friend of mine who's father, who incidentally became my fishing mentor, introduced me to an incredible idea. That idea was a bait bag. It was a little bag that hung off of his fishing vest and held his live worms. So he would buy his worms as all of us do, then when he got to his fishing area, he would pull the worms out of the container they were purchased in, and put them into his bait bag. This way his worms were literally, at his fingertips, ready to be used. I was intrigued art this solution to carrying worms while fishing.


As I observed him fishing, I noticed that with the help of the bait bag, he wasted no time baiting up. The bait bag was a great idea. In a two hour fishing trip he easily got an extra 30 minutes of fishing, just because of the time the bait bag saved him by holding his worms. I soon followed his directions and made my own bait bag. The other cool thing about a bait bag is the fact that when your done fishing, whatever left over worms you have can simply be returned to the original container and put in the fridge for the next fishing trip.


The bottom line is that if you fish with live worms, you need to get yourself a bait bag for carrying them. You can purchase one or make one yourself, the point is that you need to use one. Becoming a more efficient angler by using a bait bag will actually give you more time with your line in the water. Rather than spending time looking for your bait, it will always be right there at your fingertips.








Trevor Kugler is co-founder of http://www.JRWfishing.com and an avid angler. He has more than 20 years experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He currently raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country…..Montana!


An Affordable Bait Bag: http://www.jrwfishing.com/bait_pouch.asp

No comments: