Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why You Need A Bait Bag If You Fish With Live Worms


What? You've never heard of a bait bag? Well if you fish with live worms, and move from spot to spot while you fish, you're going to be glad you read this article. A bait bag is simply a small bag that hangs off of your fishing vest, belt, or shirt, and carries live worms while fishing. In other words, you purchase worms as you normally would, but when you get to your fishing area you then transfer your worms from the container they were purchased in, into your bait bag. This way not only do you always know where your bait is, your bait is also literally at your fingertips. This saves an incredible amount of time and makes you so much more efficient you may find it hard to believe.


I've personally been using some manifestation of a bait bag to carry my live worms while fishing for more than 20 years and I won't even consider fishing with live worms without mine. It's like a Godsend to me. When my fishing mentor, JRW, introduced me to the concept of a bait bag, I thought he was crazy. Then I tried one myself, and I've been hooked ever since. The bottom line is that if you fish with live worms or know someone who fishes with live worms, a bait bag should be investigated.


A bait bag can be manufactured yourself or it can be purchased "ready to use". The choice is truly yours, and for the cost of buying one, I would say just save yourself the time and buy one ready to use. I've been using my current bait bag for almost four years without any problems, so this means the cost of the bait bag comes out to less than five bucks a year! There's probably no other single piece of fishing gear that's this inexpensive. I know I spend five bucks a trip, on live worms to put into my bait bag. The cost of purchasing a bait bag "ready to use" is truly miniscule. What's important is that you begin using a bait bag to carry your live worms sooner rather than later.








Trevor Kugler is co-founder of http://www.JRWfishing.com and an avid angler. He has more than 20 years experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He currently raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country…..Montana!


An Affordable Bait Bag: http://www.jrwfishing.com/bait_pouch.asp

No comments: